Skip to main content

Advertisement

Table 11 Comparison of different types of surgery

From: Systematic review of the outcome associated with the different surgical treatment of bowel and rectovaginal endometriosis

   Moher et al. [43] Brouwer and Woods [23] Fanfani et al. [65] Roman et al. [66]
24 months 68 months 32 months 26 months
Shaving Number 100 18   
  Complications Total 6 % Total 17 %, PA 5.6 %   
  Improvement 80 %    
  Relapse   22.2 %   
  Fertility 17 %    
Discoid excision Number 39 58 48 16
  Complications Total 23 %, RVF 3 %, PA 5 % Total 2 %, CA 2 % Total 59.7 %, RVF 2.1 %, PA 2.1 %, ID 2.1 % ID 19 %
  Improvement 92 %   88 % 86 %
  Relapse   5.17 % 13.8 %  
  Fertility 11 %    13 %
Segmental intestinal resection Number 48 137 88 25
  Complications Total 38 %, BD 2 %, CA 6 % Total 8 %, PA 1.4 %, CA:2.2 %+, BD 1.4 %, ID 9 % Total 59.7 %, RVF 3.4 %, PA 2.2 %, BD 14.7 %, CA 1.1 %, ID 4.5 % BD 8 %, ID 64 %
  Improvement 92 %   93 % 83 %
  Relapse   2.19 % 11.5 %  
  Fertility 3 %    12 %
  1. RVF rectovaginal fistula, CA complications of anastomosis, PA pelvic abscess, BD bladder dysfunction, ID intestinal dysfunction